|Record #: NIA3557||Last Full Update: 26 Oct 2020|
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Haldimand County ; Niagara Region|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
Adults with a developmental disability who:
* are within Bethesda's residential services program or
* reside in other residential services within Niagara or
* have access to Passport Funding and want to purchase individualized day supports
|Application||By referral through Developmental Services Ontario - 289-477-5305 or 1-877-376-4674|
|Languages||English ; French - Reception, Website|
|Fees||Service - Purchase of Service|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Thorold|
|Address & Map||
3280 Schmon Pkwy
Thorold, ON L2V 4Y6
View Google Map
|Intersection||St David's Rd and Merrittville Hwy|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 - All day programs are currently suspended until further notice.
Offers a variety of additional day supports including day activities, recreation and leisure, drama and music therapy. Encourages individuals in a variety of enjoyable interests and pastimes which are designed to support physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs.
Offer a wide range of supports including:
* Enhancing individual's skills for living.
* Involvement in the community in a wide range of ways including recreation and leisure, fostering friendships and social connections, volunteering, attending special events and taking classes.
* Employment/Job Skill Training providing support and skill training prepare individuals for meaningful work experiences in the community.
* Helping those who wish to become employed as they make progress toward this goal.
Recreation and Leisure Activities
Recognizes the importance of health, fitness, and fun in the lives of individuals. Programs provide opportunities and support so individuals can participate in Bethesda and community activities. Programs build on strengths as well as encourage new skills and physical capabilities. Activities can include walking groups, artistic endeavours, swimming/hydro-therapy, music, pet therapy, and a wide variety of community outings.